Discover how to create amazingly lifelike portraits of animals and wildlife!
- 12 step-by-step projects for woodburning big cats, elk, birds, a horse, a rabbit, a zebra and more
- Skill-building tutorials teach you how to burn specific realistic features like eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers
- Getting Started section covers safety, tools, wood types, and preparing the surface
- Expert tips & advice for finding inspiration, working with photos, creating patterns, and transferring to wood
- Learn how to add color to your pyrography with colored pencils, acrylic paint, watercolors, and alcohol ink, as well as how to protect and seal your finished work
Inside Woodburning Realistic Animals, award-winning artist Minisa Robinson challenges you to rethink the possibilities of woodburning with her techniques for creating highly realistic art.
Pyrographers who love animals and portraits will find 12 step-by-step projects here for North American and African wildlife, including a bobcat, zebra, moose, hummingbird, lion, and more. From big cats and bunnies to owls and elk, each project includes hand-drawn patterns, photo references, and step-by-step instructions.
Minisa covers all the woodburning basics, from supplies and surface preparation to protecting and sealing your finished piece—plus temperature control, carbon cleanup, shading, black backgrounds, and that ever-frustrating “stop spot.” A gorgeous gallery of finished work is included, to help inspire your creativity!
This book provides essential skill-building tutorials for creating realistic eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers. Tips and advice on working with photos, turning photos into patterns, and transferring photos to wood are also included. You’ll find discussions on pens and nibs, hints for woodburning feathers and noses, and step-by-step suggestions for how to add beautiful splashes of color to your work with everything from colored pencils to alcohol inks.
Woodburning Realistic Animals makes the perfect gift for any aspiring pyrographer who loves animals and wants to create better portraits!
- Mountain Lion
- Bighorn Sheep
- African Lion